Sunday, April 01, 2007

I got nothin'.

Yes, it's me; yes, I do have a blog. No, I have no excuses for not having posted anything meaningful in, like, ever.

I'm appear to be in a creative dry spell. Where's that AstroGlide?

--------------------------------
YG got a trip to Amy's Ice Cream with a couple of her buddies today to celebrate turning three. (The actual birthday day is tomorrow.) As is true to form of the typical three-year-old, she talked about this party all week long, asking repeatedly about when she was going to get cake and ice cream and have her friends sing to her and so on and so forth - AND, when it was actually time to sing "Happy Birthday" to her, she refused to a) come over to the table, b) blow out her candles, and c) eat a damn bite of cake. In all the pictures, I'm, like, literally holding up her slumping body by the arms, FORCING her to receive the singing. And, I'm in a tank top and bending over, so my boobs are, shall we say, prominent.

(And why, may I add, do I always have to do some sort of child management when I'm in a tank top? If I'm wearing a ginormous t-shirt and a jog bra, I don't seem to ever be bending over or kneeling down or pulling a screaming kiddo away from something. But, you get me in spaghetti straps and a tenuous little strapless bra, and then I suddenly have to engage in some sort of wrestling match.)

Despite all her fears to the contrary, OG made it through her sister's party without a panic attack or a major disciplinary event. She was moody - especially when she got hot; it was 85 degrees, after all - and fairly solitary, but reasonably stable. So, there's that, which is better than the alternative by a long stretch...but, I must say, I'm really wondering if there's going to be a point, ever, that she is just normal and pleasant to others without having to be programmed or bribed into doing so. Will empathy ever develop? Will she end up being an asshole as an adult? Please, please, not. There are enough assholes in the world.
-------------------------------------
And that's all I have. World, forgive; it's been a taxing few weeks.

Except this:

Your Theme Song is Beautiful Day by U2

"Sky falls, you feel like
It's a beautiful day
Don't let it get away"

You see the beauty in life, especially in ordinary everyday moments.
And if you're feeling down, even that seems a little beautiful too.

No comments: