Monday, April 02, 2007

Closure

(Note: The Man made me - well, OK, he suggested that I should - excise this latest commentary on the last and final comeuppance of my personnel review, fearing for my professional life, 'cause I'm all petty and name-callingy in it.)

That's a shame, as it was funny.

If you know me, and you want to read it, e-mail me and I'll send it to you.
----------------------------------------
It's YG's third birthday today. This was the conversation we had tonight, as I was putting her to bed:

Me: "Happy third birthday, honey."

YG: "Yes, I am three now."

Me: "You know, three years ago tonight I was holding my brand-new, newborn baby girl. And it was you."

YG: "And you were a princess?"

Me: "Erm...no, not exactly. I was not looking very princessy."

Anyway, happy birthday, sweetie. You're fabulous and funny. Good luck with the genetic stew.

2 comments:

Badger said...

Happy birthday YG!

Anonymous said...

It must be lovely to have a supportive boss. I wouldn't know what to do. When I get evaluated here at work everyone gives me great reviews but my boss. When I read his evaluation I wonder who this person he is describing is. It's definitely not me. Really, he can rate me totally opposite of everyone else. It's frustrating.

It sounds like YG had a great birthday. and you were right when we ran into you at Target. we didn't have time to make it to YG's party with the Easter party this next week. Tons still to do.