Friday, March 23, 2007

Good lord, my hair has gotten long!


What do I do with it? Do I keep it all long and flowingy, or do I go revisit The Sienna, because it IS spring, after all?

This is very, very important, folks. My hair is the one and only part of my body that I'm totally vain about. It must be right! It must be me! It must be expensive and smell all Aveda-y!

And you only have until three o'clock tomorrow - when my first haircut since the holidays has finally been scheduled - to advise me, so chop chop! (No pun intended.)
------------------------
Oh, and thanks, all for the support. I feel much better.

The day after my appraisal conference, my boss called me to let me know that another performance review had filtered in on just that very day, and on that review it was strongly opined that I was by far the best at my job that this person had ever seen in her twenty-some odd years of experience.

And, I haven't decided if I'm going to do anything about the chick that went all backstabby on me. I'll probably wait until I'm totally over it, and then attempt to say something graciously inquiring into her concerns, sincerely stating my attempts to improve communication, with just a soupcon of "fuck you for going behind my back to my supervisor instead of saying shit to my face, bitch." (However, my history of such encounters suggests that this will not go as well as I intend. I will probably either a) cry again, or b) chicken out.)

There's still a lot of other work angst, too. Stuff from a few weeks ago that is not resolved, even to the point of having to call my supervisor to defend me. That's harsh. (Hey, maybe I really DO suck at my job!)

But...when it comes right down to it, I have WONDERFUL friends. I have an amazing family. They support me when I'm down - hell; they support me when I'm up, too! When I feel sad at work, I look around, and think "Wow; I'm so glad that my REAL life rocks. Whew!" (And sometimes, that fabled dark, dark part of me wants - in situations like I've been through just lately - to shout out "And yours DOESN'T, which is why you are a BITCH!")

Thanks, friends.

1 comment:

Karla said...

I liked your Sienna, but I also like your little swingy short multi layeredy sort of bobby cuts.

Oh hell, ALL your haircuts look amazing so I say go for what you like.

Sorry about the job. You know my theory about life, right? There are three areas: Home. Social. Work. If all three are going great, you are gonna die soon. Generally, having two going well at once is a great thing. One, you've still got it ok.

That's my theory and I stick with it.....you are a lucky girl!