Thursday, June 01, 2006

Crisis Averted

I figured out the links problem. I know you were really broken up about it, but everything's OK, now, honey.

Jeez, you omit some tiny little quotation marks, and the whole thing goes to hell. (Come to think of it, wasn't that Jayson Blair's problem?) However, after the whole mess, I noticed that it's the same layout as Malcontent Mama's. Sorry, M&M, I didn't mean to ape your style...however, after that crap went down, I'm not changing it back until I understand the HTML thing better.

OK, now that that's all settled, I have nothing specific to say. Today started out cool and rainy, raining out the older girl's swim lesson for the second day in a row. (I'd happily have had the younger girl's swim lesson rained out, but no such luck. Younger Girl is not the adventurous type that Older Girl is, and Younger Girl whines and clings to me for the entire lesson instead of dutifully blowing bubbles and kick kick kicking like all the OTHER babies do. Plus, it's colder than you would think in Austin at 10:00 in the morning, and I do not particularly relish jumping into that pool at that time. And, on Day Two, no less.)

So, I'm new to this game, but I'm told that when you have jack to say, it's time for a meme. I stole this one from Bookhart, who unfortunately used up all the good answers.

I AM: not drunk enough yet to do a good job with this.

I WANT: things I can't have, a distressing amount of the time.

I WISH: that I had an inflatable "Mom" doll to put out, sometimes.

I HATE: everything about George W. Bush and this administration.

I MISS: my old friends that are far-flung, and wish we could see each other more.

I FEAR: that something will happen to upset what is turning out to be a really kick-ass life.

I HEAR: a fly in this house, AGAIN. (I have been on fly jihad all afternoon, damn it!)

I WONDER: what kind of life my kids will have, and I wonder how I'm going to annoy the living fuck out of them when they're having it.

I REGRET: that I didn't go to the Galapagos Islands with my mother when I was in high school because I wanted to spend time with my loser boyfriend. (But mostly, I regret not killing that fly.)

I AM NOT: particularly neat, except when compared to The Man

I DANCE: with The Man to country music, and with my friends to whatever makes us smile, and with my daughters to Joe McDermott.

I SING: karaoke, and I sing it like the angels.

I CRY: when I'm too harsh with the Older Girl.

I AM NOT ALWAYS: that careful with other people's feelings.

I MADE: it through adolescence.

I WRITE: for my job, but not much otherwise, UNTIL NOW.

I CONFUSE: reliability with validity.

I NEED: to exercise more.

I SHOULD: exercise more.

I START: many books (Sorry, Bookhart, that was the best answer! And I couldn't top it! Gaaah!)

I FINISH: far less of them than I should

I TAG: Karla

2 comments:

Karla said...

Dude! I done did that one alriddy...

http://karlastories.blogspot.com/2006/05/nobody-tagged-me-but-im-not-bitter.html

Mags said...

Crap; Karla did do that one already.

Well, then, I guess I'd tag The Man, but only because I'd like to see him turn this girly introspective meme into something completely about beer.