Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Three Amusing Things

1) On the subject of lack of money...a funny story from this evening:

Right after dinner, there was a knock on the door; a quick peek through the window confirmed that it was, indeed, an earnest young environmental man with a petition for me to sign, and a hope that I would give him $25.

He was very nice, and had a sweet smile combined with a really good cause. I hated to turn him down, but, financial circumstances being what they are until payday on Friday, there was just nothing I could offer him.

So, in what I hoped was my sweetest voice, I said, "It's just not a good time of the month for that."

It was only after I shut the door that I realized why he had such a confused look on his face.

2) A selection from the OG's "Weekend News" journal that she has kept at school all year (and that we haven't seen until now):

This weekend I saw Bee movie. This bee said are we bees? or are we a keychain? bees! Keychain! My dad saw Texas beat Texas Tech! he drank seven beers that day! I also defeated the Underminer. The giant corrupterater fell over. Ahhh! Underminer! Blah!

Oh, yes. It's awesome to be THAT family.

3) Finally, I know the lyrics to the closing credits of "WKRP in Cincinnati."

2 comments:

Po said...

Out of the mouths of babes...

Daddy needs a Kegerater.

Bookhart said...

Wonder Boy would totally understand that journal entry.