Thursday, November 23, 2006

Top Ten REAL Reasons to Be Thankful

Howl-dy, loves, and happy Thanksgiving. I'm stuffed like a little sausage; yourselves?

As per usual, we had the family time in Rockdale with the husband's kinfolk, and then made it McJo's in time for leftover fried turkey (six flavors this year, including curry and "hotter than hell") and dessert. This year, though, the chillun stayed over with Grandma and Grandpa, so The Man and I drove straight home for wild, passionate lovemaking all night long. (Nah, I'm just kidding; we stayed over for a poker game until 11:30, then we came home and passed out.)

Tonight, as pertinent per the occasion, I got to thinking about reasons to be thankful this year. Yeah, we're all clear on the whole family and friends bit, yada yada yada I love them and you all, blah blah blah. Reason for living, everything in the world to me, another year around the sun with them makes me ecstatic... booo-ring.

So, I suggest that I provide to you the Top 10 Men that We Should All Be Grateful For In Terms of Sheer Yumminess (BESIDES George Clooney, who is clearly the Apex Of All Things That Are Smokin' Hot; Amen):

1) Stephen Colbert.

Could he be any sexier? COULD HE? No, he could not.

2. Alan Rickman.

Severus Snape or not, he is a goddamn dreamboat.

3. Peter Saarsgaard.

I think he and Maggie Gyllenhaal's baby is probably extremely good looking. And has many "a's."

4. Nathan Fillion.

Maybe it's just a Firefly thing, but I looove that Captain Tightpants. I think he has mad charisma in just about anything he is in.

5. Heath Ledger.

OK, yes, he is a rather obvious, pretty-boy choice for me. But that man is a way talented actor on top of having a great ass.

6. John Linnell and John Flansburgh of "They Might Be Giants."

I accept that I might be alone in this one. That's OK.

7. Sting.

You may be getting on in years, but baby, you still got it. And these new pop/rock guys? Compared to you in your sexiest days? They have NOTHING on you.

7. Jake Gyllenhaal


OK, another no-brainer, but I've liked him ever since "Bubble Boy."

8. John Cusack


Duh.

9. Tim Robbins

Always and forever, my darling. Mwah.

10. Jeff Goldblum.


Jeff, LY4EVA! Call me!


So, this Thanksgiving day, I hope you'll learn from my example, and give thanks to what really matters in YOUR life.

(Damn, maybe I'll go wake up The Man now.)

1 comment:

Karla said...

Ok, first of all:

JEFF GOLDBLUM IS MINE. I called him first. Back off, or I will cut you bitch.

Second of all, Alan Rickman as Snape totally rocks my Goth side, so obviously this makes me a BIGGER FAN THAN YOU. nanny nanny boo boo.

I would like to lick john Cusack's ear.

Actually, you and I are fairly similar in lust, but I can't BELIEVE you like Goldblum. and here's me being teased as a freak all these years?