Sunday, November 19, 2006

Could you all be very very quiet, please?

The sound of you reading your paper is making my head throb.

Another karaoke birthday party has come and gone. It seemed that a good time was had by all, from what I could tell from inside my gin-induced haze. I made several songs my bitch, including "Billie Jean," "Africa," and "Separate Ways."

When I woke up - at 4:00 AM - I was reminded of the side effects of my drinking too much. First of all, I can never sleep well afterwards. After trying unsuccessfully to fall back asleep for a couple of hours, I gave up and came in to the front room to watch all the episodes of "Veronica Mars" that I had on my TiFaux. It is now 9:00 AM, and while I'm not as hung over as I would have thought, I definitely do not feel right.

The second side effect of my drinking too much is that I seem to lose all sense of body proximity. I seem to remember draping myself over every person at my party at one time or another. I hereby extend a heartfelt apology if I touched you in a way you didn't like, or if I insisted that I luuurrve you. (I do, but still; ew, drunk girl!)

The third side effect is - well, I don't know how to phrase it delicately, but my body seems to want to purge itself of toxins or something the next morning. So, I spend a good deal of the day, erm, in the bathroom.

So, it's that kind of morning. I'm embarrassed, tired, and running to the toilet.

I must have had a great time.

Thanks, everybody, for coming and for putting up with that drunk girl.

No comments: