Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Technology BREAKDOWN at the Mags Household

May I scream?

AIIIEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

I started a post a few days ago about how my digital camera, my video camera, and my television had all DIED or gone kerfluey within a couple of weeks of each other. It was called "Despair at the Best Buy," and it was supposed to be a funny, Seinfeld-ish musing on the purchasing of new technology when all the other fucking electronics in your house are too old and breaking down to support anything new. But, I got halfway into it, and it just sounded cheap and whiny, so I bagged it.

But tonight...the beloved new (to me) iPod? The one I've loved and carried for the past eight weeks or so? Dropped on the bathroom floor. The little earphone jack is now loose, and thus the whole thing does not work - this being a pre-docking iPod, and thus one that heavily relies on the little earphone jack to make the music, you know, AUDIBLE?

I was so pissed off that I sulked around the house for about two hours. Seriously. I tried to go for a walk, but it WAS NOT THE SAME. God. Damn. It.

I finally looked up at the man, who does not know of the joy of the Pod, and I said, "Honey, I don't think I can go on without one." (Keep in mind that I've spent $1400 at the Best Buy in the past FOUR DAYS.) He, to his credit, just sighed, but not in a "oh, no fucking way" kind of way.

(And, just now, he ventured in to suggest that there are ways I can earn his consent to purchase said brand-new iPod. Pig. And yet...ah, hell, I was tired anyway.)

No comments: