Thursday, February 14, 2008

Sweatin' To The ... erm, they're not THAT old...

Just a few of the songs from my iPod that are currently in my "Cross-Trainer/Weight Machines/Dumbbells/I've Got My iPod On So Don't Talk To Me" workout rotation:

"Holiday" - Green Day
"Brick House" - The Commodores
"Timebomb" - Beck
"I Predict A Riot" - Kaiser Chiefs
"A Town Called Malice" - The Jam
"Church of the Poison Mind" - Culture Club
"Corvette" - Golden Smog
"Make a Circuit With Me" - The Polecats
"Take Your Mama" - Scissor Sisters
"You Got Yr. Cherry Bomb" - Spoon
"Little Willy" - Sweet
"Man, It's So Loud In Here" - They Might Be Giants
"SexyBack" - JT
"I Bet That You Look Good On The Dance Floor" - Arctic Monkeys
"Lucretia My Reflection" - Sisters of Mercy
"Gin and Juice" - The Gourds
"Gone Daddy Gone" - Gnarls Barkley
"Don't Stop Me Now" - Queen
"Pictures of Matchstick Men" - Camper Van Beethoven
"Sexx Laws" - Beck
"Ohio (Come Back To Texas)" - Bowling For Soup
"Go!" - Tones on Tail
"Supernova" - Liz Phair
"Phantom Limb" - The Shins
"Kyle's Mom's A Bitch" - Cartman

I need some more songs, though. Anybody got any good suggestions? Something kinda grouchy - because I'm pissed when I'm exercising - with a good beat that I can get my heart rate up to? Preferably that's been recorded in, say, my oldest daughter's lifetime?

-----------------------------------
Oh, and a Happy Valentine's Day to all y'all.

I believe the following video expresses my sentiments exactly:



That's fuckin' teamwork.

*Wow...apparently Jon Kricfalusi, Coolest Animator Ever (of "Ren and Stimpy" fame) animated a video for that song. But, I just can't post it...it's like Ren and Stimpy Softcore, and it kinda gives me the heebie-jeebies.

1 comment:

Badger said...

Well crap, I had all kinds of music suggestions until you put that qualifier in there. I don't think any of these are TOO old, though:

Daft Punk - "Technologic"
Eagles of Death Metal - "Cherry Cola"
Franz Ferdinand - "Do You Want To"
Local H - "Bound for the Floor"
N.E.R.D. - "She Wants to Move"
Pink - "Just Like a Pill"
Saul Williams - "List of Demands (Reparations)"
Shiny Toy Guns - "Don't Cry Out"
The Killers - "Mr. Brightside"
The Prodigy - "Smack My Bitch Up"
The White Stripes - "Blue Orchid"

Okay, some of those ARE kind of old. But so are we, n'est-ce pas?