These are photos of a young baby Mags, at my house with my grandmother:
Mmmkay, so it was just FINE to give the baby the icing beaters back then!
Jeez, my kids didn't get any refined sugar until their first birthday - well, OK, the FIRST one didn't - but here I am, what, maybe, six months old, tops, sucking down what is likely my grandma's homemade cinnamon roll icing STRAIGHT off of the beaters, like a junkie looking for a fix. (Seriously, look at my eyes in that second picture. I'm saying "You take this beater, you lose a hand. Hear?")
(Mmmm...Grandma's homemade cinnamon rolls...but I digress.)
I believe that I can see the beginnings of the lifelong weight problem ROTCHHERE.
Now excuse me while I go rip open a bag of chocolate chips.
Mags Summer Obsession List Part II:
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Season 8 - the comic book series authored by...dum da dum!...Joss Whedon himself. They're awesome. I'm all aflutter.
- Drinking delicious Sidecars (thanks, Badger of the New York Times!)
- 80's funk/R&B (e.g. Cameo, the Dazz Band)
- the song "Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk" by Rufus Wainwright
- the new season of "Big Love"
- yummy crusty sourdough bread, toasted, with butter (NO! NO! BAD MAGS! *rubs nose in the carbs*)