Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Don Walser dies

(Darn, and I thought we were going to have a happy post today. Ann, then 9/11, now this.)

Don Walser, the "Pavarotti of the Plains," died today from complications from diabetes. He was 72.

I have to thank The Man for bringing Don to my attention. Back in the early days of our courtship, there was many a night of two-stepping and waltzing to Don's fantastic, hard-core yodelin' country music. I bet we're married today due in no small part to the romance that was generated out on those dance floors 10 or 12 years ago.

Thanks, Don. You brought a lot of great music to this town, big guy. We're going to miss you.

2 comments:

Sinda said...

Amen. I heard the news on KGSR coming back from lunch - who next?

Karla said...

It's true what they say..you can go home but it's never the same.

Damn.