Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Maybe I'm Amazed

Tomorrow, the work begins.

I am suddenly struck by the enormity of the task ahead of us, and of the impossibly high expectations that BHO faces. As the great philosopher Daniel Ash once said, when you're down, it's a long way up. And, of course, when you're up, it's a long way down.

I'm terrified for his safety, and may be holding my breath and crossing my fingers - and desperately hoping that his security detail is made up of hundreds of individual Batmans on Adderall - for the next four years.

Tonight, though, I crack the pinot noir, and toast my new president, and my beautiful first lady. (And, Jill Biden? Wearing that red dress with the Eff Me Boots? You kick ass!)

Your steady snark drip returns tomorrow. Peace out.

1 comment:

Joy Bugaloo said...

That's DR. Jill in the eff-me boots, thank you very much! SO WONDERFUL to have smart people back at the helm!